Powerful and Compact
The Zephyr® controller is a powerful, compact, cost-effective digital magnetic bearing controller for turbomachinery and rotating equipment, recommended for machinery in the power range of 1 MW to 18 MW.
The Zephyr controller is simple to operate and offers flexible mounting options, yet still provides the high processing performance that allows for the use of complex algorithms.
Automated commissioning and tuning, remote monitoring and adjustment capabilities, and built-in diagnostic capabilities provide powerful performance, available with 5- or 4-axis control configurations.
Skid-Mounted Controller Option
An industry-first, the Zephyr controller is available in a skid-mounted cabinet, providing optimized performance with a compact equipment footprint.
Certified for Class 1 / Division 2 hazardous area installation, the on-skid controller eliminates costly cabling that would run to a control room and speeds up the commissioning process.
Click below to read more about the introduction of the on-skid controller for turboexpander applications.
Zephyr Controller Features
- 5-axis controller (option for 4-axis control)
- Hardwired discrete DCS interface*
- Analogue diagnostic outputs*
- Temperature (RTD)**
- MODBUS RTU or TCP slave*
- SOAP slave*
Control Law Capability
- SISO/MIMO controller with tracking filters
- Multi-coordinate control (MCC)
- Automatic balancing algorithm (ABA)
- Runout compensation
- Open loop feed forward**
- Advanced amplifier algorithm (for software flux feedbac
- Magnetic displacement**
- Flux feedback**
- Web server interface*
- Event logging*
- Automatic clearance check
- Integrated transfer function measurement**
- Integrated spectra capability**
- Integrated harmonic capture**
- 3rd level trip*
- Built-in tools show compliance with ISO sensitivity performance criteria*
- Support for purge protected bearings
* Available as an option or as standard depending upon variant
** Not available on some variants
- Simple to operate; no control buttons
- No moving parts, contributing to exceptional reliability
- Flexible mounting: on the wall, in a cabinet or skid-mounted
- Reduced maintenance cost with planned & predictive maintenance programs
- Automated Commissioning capability
- Capability of retrofit to magnetic bearings supplied by others
- Spares service and extended warranty option
- Comprehensive training program available