Extend Operating Limits
For more than 30 years, Waukesha Bearings has led the design and development of ceramic and polymer bearing technology. These advanced materials extend the operating limits of both fixed profile and tilting pad bearings and allow lubrication by process fluids such as water and other low-viscosity fluids.
Our bearing design experience combined with advanced materials expertise provides the foundation for some of our highest performing products.
Wide Materials Range
In addition to the traditional range of silicon carbide and polymer-lined thrust and journal bearings, Waukesha Bearings offers solid polymer technology, such as Hiperax® thrust bearings optimized for operation in water-lubricated applications, and tungsten carbide thrust bearings to handle increasingly high temperatures in electric submersible pumps (ESPs).
Waukesha Bearings advanced material options also include super-hard polycrystalline diamond (PCD) surfaces and, for oil-lubricated machines, aluminum tin (AlSn) bearings.
Backed by continued investment in research and development via dedicated test rigs, Waukesha’s advanced material bearings are ideal for challenging environments such as ESPs or subsea pumping where equipment reliability and optimized performance are critical.
- High temperature capability – polymers up to 250°C (480°F), ceramics up to 400°C (750°F)
- Operation with thinner hydrodynamic films
- Lubrication by a wide range of process fluids such as water, toluene, refrigerant and liquid oxygen
- High abrasion resistant silicon carbide for protection against sand
- Corrosion resistance to process fluids including H2S
- Electrically insulating to protect against damaging currents